Not sure if you agree with me…but I think this is something most women have lost…and should find!
mind about what it’s really like to be a mom…
- It is selfish of me if I don’t eat breakfast because I’m “too busy” to prepare something the night before…
- It is selfish of me if I don’t spend 3 minutes putting on a little mascara and a swig of lip gloss…not out of vanity, but because it helps me feel like I’m awake and ready for the day…and not like I’m rolling out of bed…
- It is selfish of me if I don’t take just 20 minutes to exercise the only body that I’ve been given…
- It is selfish of me if I don’t spend time focusing on my purpose and what fulfills me.
The reality is that I will never have the energy to take care of anyone else if I’m not taking care of myself and serving my purpose first and foremost. (It’s the oxygen mask theory we’ve all heard about…)
Every woman’s purpose is different…but it’s important that we have a sense of purpose…or at least strive to find it.
I see all too often women who have lost their sense of purpose…or those who haven’t ever found it…and it really saddens me… (that’s MY purpose…to help women find THEIR purpose!)
You will be invigorated by serving your purpose…and when you are invigorated by your purpose, you are a more patient mother, a more loving wife, a more productive employee…you are a stronger and more confident woman.
How to find your purpose in life is an entirely different topic for me to write about…but until I write on that or hold a retreat for women to find their purpose (in the works ladies!), I challenge you to spend a few minutes a day nurturing YOU:
Here are just a few simple things you can do to nurture yourself…
- Drink more water (yes…it is proven that drinking more water increases our sense of well-being).
- Meditate, even a few minutes a day (I’ve recently been using the free app “Take a Break” that gives a guided meditation…I do it before bed and it helps quiet all the “noise” in my head!)
- Be mindful of 2 things you’re grateful for each day. When we focus on what we have, we’re less likely to spend precious energy on things we don’t have.
- Slap on a little of your favorite lip gloss 🙂
- Go for a 5-minute walk…just you and your positive thoughts.
- Join Body Project (OK, had to throw that in here of course…but seriously, the sense of purpose women find through exercise is astounding and carries over into every aspect of their lives!).
You are amazing…you really can be there for those you care about…you just have to realize how amazing you are (I know that’s super-hard for us as women!).
We all have a different life purpose…and we owe it to our families and those we care about to nurture ourselves so we can nurture them! I’m not sure if you agree with me, and if you don’t, that’s ok!
Committed to your purpose,